God wants Davis Street to move forward! God is far more interested in our future than He is
in our past. Some people think that God is stuck in their past. But God is more interested in
the future of His church than He is with the past. Isaiah 43 says, “Forget about your past.
Forget about the former things. Don’t think about it. Look at the new thing I’m going to
do.” (Isaiah 43:18-19)
When we arrived at Davis Street on July 2017, I invited Davis Street to join with me not to be
stuck in their past, but rather to move forward! We knew all along that this was not an easy decision But
soaked with prayerful discernment and guided by the Holy Spirit, we all agreed to stay focused with the
“Moving Forward Missional Priorities.”
In the past 2 years, through God’s grace and generosity, we are witnessing the faithfulness and fruitfulness
in staying focus and moving forward.
● Davis Street increased its average Sunday worship attendance from 90 to 145.
● Davis Street is now baptizing and receiving more new and diverse people on professions of faith.
● Davis Street shifted the Breakfast Fellowship into Missional Community w/ Praise & Worship.
● Davis Street is now welcoming new and diverse people mainly coming from the growing Missional
● Davis Street renovated the Church Nursery and Children’s Wing.
● Davis Street recently launched the Creative Arts Camp and now blessed with several children coming to
● Davis Street now has a Youth Group that is growing and thriving.
● Davis Street organized the Creative Worship Team that meets every week.
● Davis Street birthed the He-Brews Coffee Ministry.
● Davis Street is now moving from membership to discipleship via the Discipleship Pathway.
● Davis Street implemented the New Consecration Sunday Stewardship Campaign for two years now.
● Davis Street was able to fix the church basement and now 100% mold-free.
● Davis Street now has a 21st century church website w/ Facebook Live.
● Davis Street launched the J.O.Y. Older Adult Ministry and Single Moms Ministry.
● Davis Street now has more people engaged in small groups, mission and ministries. And many more…all
to the glory and praise to our Lord!
Shifting Davis Street from many years of decline towards becoming a vibrant, growing and thriving
congregation will not be easy. The shifting is not gonna be quick and without challenges. In fact, we gonna
face more challenges, more risks and more obstacles along the way as we partner with God in His mission
to “move into the neighborhood” to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. This
shifting will require us to give up our own preferences, our own comfort zones and our own agendas to
Therefore, as I move into my third year of ministry with y’all, I challenge Davis Street “not to go back to
Egypt” and do what you are comfortable doing. Instead, I invite y’all to follow Jesus and stay focused on
executing the “Moving Forward” Missional Priorities that God laid upon us. Let us remain faithful and
obedient to God’s call for unity, commitment and generosity on the path that the Lord has given us. God’s
promise is clear: God will be with us all the way! “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”(Jeremiah 29:11)