When: December 8, 2019
Time: 6:30 pm
Where: Davis St. UMC 606 E. Davis St. Burlington, NC
What: Worship Service—
A Blue Christmas worship service (no this is not about Elvis).
- dealing with the death of a loved one,
- facing life after divorce or separation,
- coping with the loss of a job,
- living with cancer or some other dis-ease that puts a question mark over the future,
- several other human situations make parties and joviality pain for many of us in our congregation and community.
- Rev. Al Trotter is preaching
- Bonnie Sykes Mehring is singing
We hope that this worship will be reflective and accepting of people where we really are as it holds out healing and hope to all. Please mark your calendar: December 8, 2019 @ 6:30pm. A time of lighting candles of remembrance with light refreshments following. Bring a photo (framed or not…it’s up to you) of your loved one (if you want to) and place it on a table. The candles will celebrate the light of Christ shining through the darkness, pain, and violence in the world.
Please come and bring a friend