The Corridor District will be hosting a training event on Saturday January 25th at Orange UMC in Chapel Hill, NC. This event is open to all.
We encourage everyone who is available to attend!
10:00-10:30 Plenary Session
10:30 – 12:00 Classes
1220 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Seminar Topics and Leaders
• SPRC Training led by Mike Frese. Designed to help S/PPRCs to understand their role in supporting pastoral staff in their work in the local church.
• Sound Financial Principles led by Rich Bowlin, CEO of The Methodist Foundation, Inc.
• Being an inviting and hospitable congregation by Susan Jones of Church Transformation Ministries. Based on her work in Church Transformation Ministries, Susan will share ideas for churches to present themselves to the public.
• Addressing Conflict in the Congregation by Molly Shivers.Addressing all types of conflict and not focus solely on the issues of sexuality and gender identification.
• Multi-Sensory Worship led by Kellie Gallagher. This will give suggestions on developing a worship service that enables participants to encounter and respond to the gospel in a variety of ways.