Blue Christmas 2021
When: December 5, 2021
Time: 5:00 pm
Where: Davis St. UMC 606 E. Davis St. Burlington, NC
What: Worship Service—
A Blue Christmas worship service (no this is not about Elvis).
- dealing with the death of a loved one,
- getting through this journey of Covid
- facing life after divorce or separation,
- coping with the loss of a job,
- living with cancer or some other dis-ease that puts a question mark over the future,
- and several other human situations make parties and joviality pain for many of us in our congregation and community.
- Pat Sykes is preaching
We hope that this worship will be reflective and accepting of people where we really are as it holds out healing and hope to all.
Please mark your calendar: December 5, 2021, 5:00pm.
A time of lighting candles of remembrance. Bring a photo (framed or not…it’s up to you) of your loved one (if you want to) and place it on a table. The candles will celebrate the light of Christ shining through the darkness, pain, and violence in the world.
- Light refreshments will be served following the service
- COME AND BRING A FRIEND!!!
Are you looking for more but don’t know where to start?
Contact us at Davis Street UMC. We invite you to join us every Sunday at 11:00 am in the Sactuary for a time of praise, prayer, and Christian worship. You can grow at this church, in this community!
We hope to see YOU this weekend!